24 May 2013

Lorna

Today was the funeral of my Mum's best friend, Lorna. She has to be one of the most creative people I have ever met. I have just been told about her funeral. An oil painting I always remember she had in her front room was at one side of the brightly lit church. Her coffin had been painted yellow and her art friends had painted it. All around the back was a timeline of photos of her life. Everything I remember about Lorna was creative. Painting her corridor walls with a flower. Every visitor that visited that house painted a flower on her landing walls. Going to see her final peice of her degree. It was a video of her niece and nephew playing with bubbles. The most time with Lorna was at the Greenbelt Festival. Me, my mum, her daughter Florence and my sister went to a painting workshop. It was a big group piece with other artists and it was more of an experimental peice. Also went to see the film Walle with her. My family, Lorna and Florence all stayed in the same tent. Her friends stayed next door and it was just nice spending time together.

No comments: