21 October 2012

Samples of Macaw Feathers


I didn't really know what animal to with the net to start with so I just joined one end together to see what it looked like. As I did this I realised it looked most like a birds tail so I carried on with this to see what happened.



After sewing it and cutting it it looks a lot more like a tail feather.





Layering real feathers and net shaped into feathers didn't really work as I had hoped and want to find another way of making the feathers.

20th November 2012



Looking at new ways to make a feather effect, these didn't really work to well.














I found some transfer paper at home and decided to see what I could do with it. I started with these close up images from my Pinterest and chopped them up using Photoscapes tool called Splitter and I then used the Photoscape tool Combine and jumbled them up to create the image below




 


I then used to Photoscape Editor and pressed the Cross Process Velvia and Filters.


I then printed them out and created this.


This is it ironed on calico.



I also printed out some feather outlines and printed this on an old tshirt



The feathers cut out.


I also transferred some feathers on the old top.



I cut out the feathers and put them in size order. 


Looking at the feathers on this wing I first put the biggest feathers down and then a bit smaller on top and keep going like that until it looked like the picture above.



It would sit on a frame, here I have put a straw underneath. I have looked at wings moving and I think this would look like a macaws wing movement. This is what I'm going to use because the macaw in the script sounds a bit cheeky and I think his feather wouldn't be in perfect condition so I think this would add to his character.

No comments: