23 August 2012

Mr Straw's Recipe Book

Design:


I was asked to design the front cover of a recipe book that has recipe's that Mrs Straw used and other recipes that were used during that time. This is what I came up with, I wanted it to look like books I have seen in the house. Looking at it now I don't like it the colour isn't right. Below is the background I put in it to make it look 'old'.



Printing:

Page 26 and 3

Page 25 and 4

I set out the book so it was ready to print and wouldn't have blank pages. To do this you have to have the middle pages at the bottom and work up, the high numbers after the middle go down on the left and the lower numbers go up on the left. Then you have to print on both sides of the pages, so can get complicated. 

I was going to try make the print the same as the video below but the book wasn't thick enough to do this and was going to be printed on a small inkjet printer but the video is very interesting if you would like to bind your on book.


No comments: