17 June 2012

Evaluation

For the project I wanted to create one or two costumes inspired by Roald Dahl, to get to making these costumes I wanted to follow steps costume designers in the industry follow. 
I started of with seven characters from various books by Roald Dahl. These included Mike Teavee, The Grand High Witch, Centipede, Giraffe, Mr Fox, Mrs Silver and Roly Poly Bird. I then did initial drawings and ideas of these. I reduced the group of costumes to four and research and experiment into these. Finding more out about the character I drew more designs and chose the two costumes I was going to make.

I chose Mr Fox from 'Fantastic Mr Fox and the Giraffe out of the book 'The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me'. I thoroughly researched into these characters, ways of making the costume, designs for the costumes, styles, Quentin Blake and much more. I also went to see different plays and helped with two at the theatre. This helped me realise what costumes are appropriate for children.

The making of the costumes went quite well with some hurdles, I had to find the best way to make the Giraffe neck with research and experimenting I made it work. Mr Fox change throughout the project because I read the'Phaidon Theatre Manual Costume and Make-up by Michael Holt' book and read about costume designers find costumes. I went and found a costume with this information because I felt I would have learnt more altering the jacket than making one from scratch because I have done this in the past. 
 
If I was going to redo the project I would have chosen to make other characters costumes to make and would

No comments: