7 May 2012

Harley Gallery


Today I went to Harley Gallery Open studios day.  The artists open up their studios and are available to show their work.  
First I looked at the Exhibition in the Harley Gallery -"Beastly Machines".  These are metal sculptures with interactive buttons to  make the sculptures move.  They were mostly animals and quite strange.
I looked at a sculpture  in the shop by Christine Moss.  it was of a horse and described as a 3-D wire drawing.  I decided this could contribute to research for Mr Fox costume.  I think it would be interesting to see if I could work with wire like Christine Moss but put around a mannequin.  
Then my friend and I went around the studios.  A textile artist was running a felt-making workshop.  We both made a little flower brooch.  This was good as usually we make flat felt.  This could be incorporated into the fox costume. Hope and Elvis was good to look at.  She uses old blanket fabrics to make new things.

No comments: