15 May 2013

Eye, Ears and Tails


Mixing the song head, shoulders, knees and toes up a bit.


Ears are a big feature on an armadillo and determine a lot about the character of him.

There is a pattern on both sides of the ear so I needed to work out a way of putting a pattern on both sides.

I really need to put some wire in the body so it keeps it shape. 

Looking at shaping half an ear.

Some possible patterns. I'm using the bottom one as the outside of the ear and then the top one for the inside and gluing them together.


The pattern is just dark and then light. I am going to try and work with this but make it quite simple. 

This was attached together using cotton, it was originally just to see how the shape would work but I also like the movement of tying the pieces together. I was thinking about using more fabric and put that in between the sections. 


Attached to the body it looks upside down. The first three parts are curved and then the rest are full cylinder shapes.

Tail prototype. Looking at it the correct way up, it has the effect I'm after but I need to make each cylinder gradually smaller so it is shaped right.

The pieces flat.

Cutting out

I cut down the pieces after cutting out. 



No comments: