19 April 2012

Manchester Trip 20th April 2012

Manchester Gallery of Costume

In this Gallery I want to go and see the 1970's collection and around the rest of the gallery and comment on anything I like the look of.

jacket 1985.167


source

Imperial War Museum

Looking on this museums website I have found they have an exbition called 'Once Upon a Wartime'. In the they have a part about War Horse. I want to look at this part because it is on at the Westend at them moment.

Another part of the museum I would like to see is 'The Big Picture Show'. This is a room with changing photos from war time. They change to music and different sounds. I like to see natural photography.

 Witworth Gallery

In the Whitworth there are textiles samples, I'm going to look at these and see if I can get inspiration for fabric making.

 Manchester Art Gallery
In this gallery there is a photography exhibition called 'Shadow Land: Photographs by Roger Ballen 1983-2011'. I will compare this to the exhibition in the Imperial War Museum.
                    

No comments: