9 January 2015

Where have I been? What am I doing? And Where am I going? (Still needs to be completed)

Hey guys.

I haven't updated my blog due to personal reasons and finally I have time to update you on what I have been doing.

A lot has changed since last January, in short I have moved university course, made a hand sewn toga, stage managed another BA Hon Historical and Performance Costume for Stage and Screen 3rd year degree show and much much more.


Moving Course
About two months after my last post I found out a close friend of mine had applied to a tech course in Hull, after hearing all about it the stress of the last 6 months I thought this was my chance to contact the lecturer in Hull to see if I could move. I felt studying costume was not the right course to steer my career in the direction I wanted and I needed to get more experience in other aspects of the theatre industry. I went for an interview a couple of weeks later and felt this was the place for me. I stayed on at the course in Scarborough mostly for experience and to prove to myself I could complete the year.

Projects Completed in 2nd Year of BA Hon Historical and Performance Costume for Stage and Screen
If you click on the links below you will be taken to my Inspiration Boards on Pinterest.

Sitwell - 
One of the projects I worked on while still at Scarborough were completing the Edith Sitwell garment. Through this project I learnt a lot about Renishaw Hall and I had the chance to visit Weston Hall, in Towcester and have lunch with William Sitwell, writer of 'A History of Food in 100 Recipes'. 

Toga - 
Another project I worked on was making a full sized Roman toga and a tunica, all hand sewn and the toga was made from 16 metres of linen and took 4 hours to iron!

Cruel Frederick
Design projects on the course included designing and creating a set/costume for a photoshoot of my interpretation Heinrich Hoffmann's Cruel Frederick.

Macbeth - 
 The last project was designing 12 costumes for a 
scene in Macbeth. I had to choose 3 characters and 3 themes and create 3 of each.

Stage Managing 3rd Year Degree Show


My 21st Birthday Party
For my 21st and my Mum's 50th birthday party we wanted a Circus themed event. At the party I wanted a photo wall and a booth. For the wall me and my Mum draw and painted the design and cut out holes for the faces. The booth, I bought a selection of different props and set up a camera on each so guests could take their own pictures with the camera having a 10 sec timer on it.


My CV Update

This last summer I spent some of my time improving my Photoshop skills by completing different tutorials on the web and with this new experience I created my CV. I am hoping at some point to bring my blog layout and design to this new cleaner style.

Acorn Theatre
Also during the summer I spent Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Acorn helping with general maintenance, a dance show where I was on the sat in the box helping with lighting and I also was an ASM for a couple more shows.

Projects in the First Term of BA Technical Theatre and Production

Riverside Arts Festival -

10 Tiny Fingers, 9 Tiny Toes Set/Costume


Majestic Theatre


Next Term

No comments: