4 October 2011

Notes about Set Design Job Profile

From this I have learnt what skills I need to work the set design aspect of theatre design. I am going to look at some of the links at the bottom and if there is something interesting I will write about it on my blog.


"Other useful subjects include interior design, fine art, 3-D design and architecture."  I am going to look into these other aspects to look at in from another area and I think the interior design will help especially because of the measuring and room design.




I will look into what it takes to join the 'Society of British Theatre Designers'.

  • creativity and imagination
  • practical skills in drawing and model making
  • good communication and 'people skills'
  • organisational skills
  • budget awareness
  • a good eye for detail
  • the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
  • research skills
  • problem-solving ability
  • a flexible and adaptable attitude
  • knowledge of the production process, including technical aspects such as lighting and sound.  
I need to work on a few of these but I think volunteering at a theatre will help. 

No comments: