9 October 2011

Helping out with Brassed Off Performance

This was the first time I helped at the Acorn and I started on Tuesday 27th September. On the first night I painted the pit head and the wheel that goes on the pit head. On the next night, which was a Thursday I helped paint a flat with bricks on one side and a a concrete looking  wall on the other side, this was to hide the drums. The walls each looked pretty good when finished. This was a simple, but flexible means of allowing scene changes.  The set had to enable a domestic scene through to the apparent hanging of a major character.


Next week was the technical rehearsal Tuesday night so I knew the prop arrangements and when to get them on and off stage in the blackouts, I thought I was going to be front of house but I think this was better because I learnt more.  I need to experience different aspects of theatre work.


Thursday was the opening night and I was backstage crew on each performance, which was also on Friday night Saturday matinee and Saturday evening. Overall, I found this a good experience.


I cannot wait to for the next production Big Mad Mouse


I will be recording all experience I have by keeping the program, taking pictures of the set and noting what I have done in the performance.

No comments: